An incredibly belated happy new year. Belated because I totally had to hit the ground running to prepare for a busy January (I’ll be on the road for ten days starting later today fuuuuh). And the weather has been a bit crazy here in Australia, with some record breaking hot days and all…
A few things happened at the end of last year, and early this year that are going to shape the way I do things, and I thought I’ll kick off this year’s first post with that:
- Finally settling on a colour pallet for the Shenraq – Blues, Green, Grey, Black and White. See my mood boards over here at Pinterest.
- Have become the proud patron of Artifexian (world building videos) and Firelight Isle (comic and webcomic with a beautiful looking and intriguing world).
- Discovered World Anvil, which I’m totally hoping to get more involved in.
- Generally thinking about how to get more involved with other fellow world builders.
- Prioritising finishing my PhD.
- I worked a little on a world creation myth as told by the Itān, and that will come up soon.
The featured image for this post is a work in progress of an image, much like my tapestry picture, an image created by someone in the Shenraq. I’ll be working through parts of this image as a way of exploring my world: what kind of beliefs are held by whom in the Shenraq, and what kind of symbols do they use to explore these beliefs?
It’s going to be a big year, mostly with the trying to finish my PhD thing, but I’m looking forward to tinkering on the Shenraq as I go.
Happy Year of the Dog!